Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

My MDiv Project:

"How Augustinian is Jonathan Edward's doctrine of Original Sin?"

This year I'll be completing a short (8,000 word) project in the area of Church History on the topic above. Rhys Bezzant, Church History professor at Ridley College will be my supervisor. He's in the process of setting up the Asia-Pacific branch of the Yale Jonathan Edwards Center. I've had a long standing interest in the doctrine, partly because I'm a sinful person and would like to know how I came to be that way. Then my Dad also put me onto Henri Blocher and this further sparked my interest. (Feel free to comment and suggest books, ideas or Bible passages I should investigate.)

Current Reading list:
  • Jonathan Edwards: A Life by George Marsden
  • Jonathan Edwards and the Metaphysics of Sin by Oliver Crisp
  • Original Sin: Illuminating the Riddle by Henri Blocher
  • God and Adam: Reformed Theology and the Creation Covenant by Rowland S. Ward
  • 'Romans 5:12 - An exercise in Exegesis and Theology' by Lewis Johnson
  • 'Is Imputation Unjust: Jonathan Edwards on the Problem of Original Sin' by C. Samuel Storms
  • 'On the theological pedigree of Jonathan Edwards' doctrine of Imputation' by Oliver Crisp