- local context
- seeing the big picture first
- breaking something into small steps
- 'Reverse Engineering'
- Occam's razor
- batching similar tasks together
- pattern recognition
- the past-history of something
- links/connections between things
- Law-of-non contradiction
- "the cover is better then the book"
- "If the sequel sucks then the creator of the original was a one-hit wonder."
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I've identified twelve practical philosophical tools that I use in all sorts of situations; from the theological to the conversational. They are listed in no particular order and if anyone knows of others I'd be interested to hear about them.