Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Philosophical punchup

If 2007 was the year of Greek, 2008 was the year of Revelation and the Trinity, 2009 is shaping up to be the year of the Salvation and Apologetics, for me anyway!



Recently I recommended Is Christianity Good for the World, a debate between Christopher Hitchens and Douglas Wilson. I've re-read it and decided to re-recommend it. It's short and sharp weighing in at a mere 72 pages, presenting some of the toughest criticisms of Christianity and the some of the sharpest rebuttal I've read for a long time, well since Van Till. Hitchens finds several things abhorrent about Christianity and Wilson replies by asking him how he found them abhorrent without any moral standard. Someone has created a short film about the two combatants: Collision. Wayne Schuller and I both think it should be worth watching.